[FFmpeg-user] Modify each frame's timestamp

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 21:58:50 CET 2014

What format is your video in? Perhaps I misunderstand, but in testing MP4
(H.264) and AVCHD clips here the commands given in that thread produce what
seem to be the desired results. The commands in the first post may produce
regularly spaced timestamps, but the '-debug_ts' suggested later may provide
more exact, irregularly spaced timing info if that's what you prefer.

For recombining you could consider one of the subtitle filters for inlaying;
alternatively an internal subtitle stream or an external one using something
like ffdshow/vobsub.