[FFmpeg-user] audio is out of sync and "ALSA buffer xrun"

LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com
Tue Feb 18 18:02:37 CET 2014

If you want to have them, you need to recompile the kernel with this setting:

lano1106 at hpmini ~/dev/linux-ck/src/linux-3.12 $ zgrep SND_VERBOSE /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_SND_VERBOSE_PROCFS=y
# CONFIG_SND_VERBOSE_PRINTK is not set

You can use my numbers, it should give you some idea:

lano1106 at hpmini /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/sub0 $ cat hw_params
access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S16_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 11025
buffer_size: 22050

22050/44100 = 0.5 (yours could be smaller)

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/rtmp/pdf/rtmp_specification_1.0.pdf

The rtmp handshake has 3 messages exchanges.

take the rtt from 'ping live-fra.twitch.tv', multiply by 3 and this value must be smaller than 0.5 or whatever you buffer_time is.

this server doesn't seem to reply to ICMP echo request so you can get some timing insight by recording your rtmp exchange with wireshark something like that.

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.