[FFmpeg-user] "-vf mp=softpulldown" drops all frames

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Feb 23 09:50:14 CET 2014

Phil Rhodes <phil_rhodes <at> rocketmail.com> writes:

> > What has a build environment and compilation to
> > do with testing a current version of FFmpeg?
>
> You suggested that someone should "test current git head."

Yes.
What's wrong with downloading one of the several
different binaries (offered by external independent
contributors) that are linked from the FFmpeg
homepage?

Don't misunderstand me: It is suggested that every
user compiles current git head before reporting
problems here (which I consider mostly trivial on
every desktop operating system), but if this is
impossible, just download a binary.
(As said, the binaries are not offered by the
FFmpeg project, but they are certainly suited for
testing.)

Carl Eugen