[FFmpeg-user] mp4 muxing and libx264 GPL licensing

malikcis malik.cisse at gmx.net
Fri Jan 3 12:49:53 CET 2014

Werner Robitza's hint were quite helpful.
I solved the libx264 problem by commenting out following code:
if ( 0)
	{
		AVCodec * codec;
		/* find the video encoder */
		codec = avcodec_find_encoder (pMux_ctx->video_st->codec->codec_id );
		if (! codec) {
			fprintf( stderr, "Video codec not found\n" );
			exit(1);
		}

		/* open the codec */
		if ( avcodec_open2( pMux_ctx->video_st->codec, codec, NULL) < 0) {
			fprintf( stderr, "could not open video codec\n" );
			exit(1);
		}
	}

This is a giant step for me.

Now I am facing following problem:
When compiling ffmpeg library using enable LGPL option I get following
error:
[aac @ 002d2280] The encoder 'aac' is experimental but experimental codecs
are not enabled, add '-strict -2' if you want to use it.

Any idea how to solve this?
How can I use alternative aac encoder other than "libvo_aacenc"?