[FFmpeg-user] whats wrong with select between filter syntax

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 13:22:24 CET 2014

On date Friday 2014-01-03 18:56:41 -0500, Travis Kelley wrote:
[...]
> I need multiple segments from each video combined into 1 output stream.  So
> as I understand I need to either figure out how to create the segments or
> using the commands you mentioned I would need to creat multiple "temporary"
> files then concat them back together at the end.  That would involve a lot
> more data transfer since it would be multiple passes through the data.

If you need to segment a file the right tool is the segment muxer (see
ffmpeg-formats(1)). Note that segmenting video is not accurate as you
need to split at key video frames, and this is not always possible
depending on the muxer.

For example read this:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/172245