[FFmpeg-user] Trouble with libvpx on CentOS

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jan 9 22:09:25 CET 2014

Paul Goodman <lancherider <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> That worked, thank you. But now I'm curious. Is it a
> sequencing issue with the configure?

No, linkers like shared libraries and sometimes cannot
guess which ones you like to link against.

Note that the output of the ffmpeg binary as you posted
it told you that it found different options were used
for the compilation of the libraries and the (ffmpeg)
executable - that is why it was so verbose and that is
why libvpx encoding was not available.

> Or are some of those options incompatible with each other?

Hopefully not;-)

Carl Eugen