[FFmpeg-user] How to compile ffmpeg in QNX OS ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jan 11 16:33:06 CET 2014

veni <mudiam.veni <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I downloaded ffmpeg-2.1.1 and trying to compile in QNX OS.

(You should always test current FFmpeg git head before
reporting a problem here.)

Please explain what you mean with "compile in QNX OS".
You are not the first to ask and I am interested
(actually eager) to help but I still don't understand
how QNX is different from other embedded systems (which
apparently makes compilation more difficult).

> 1) # ./configure

What does cc -v report?
Did you set any environment variables before calling
configure? Imo, you shouldn't do this but call the
script explicitely with all necessary options.

> gcc is unable to create an executable file.
> If gcc is a cross-compiler, use the
> --enable-cross-compile option.
> Only do this if you know what cross compiling means.
> C compiler test failed.

> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you
> are using the latest version from Git.  If the latest
> version fails, report the problem to the
> ffmpeg-user <at> ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC
> #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
> Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure
> as this will help solving the problem.

Did you read this?

Carl Eugen