[FFmpeg-user] Field Shift

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jan 17 03:09:15 CET 2014

Steve Kelly <steve <at> aatw.com> writes:

> Sometimes we have masters where there has been a previous 
> transcode from a Lower to Upper field first codec (or 
> vice versa) but the field order hasn't been changed correctly

> Although this can only be confirmed visually on an interlaced 
> monitor (juddering/flickering playback), fixing it is done in 
> a NLE by dropping the file in, using the Field Shift option 
> and re-exporting. Is this something that can be done with 
> ffmpeg

I believe the field filter can do that, please 
report back if I misunderstand / misremember.

Carl Eugen

More information about the ffmpeg-user mailing list