[FFmpeg-user] Questions about w3fdif deinterlacing

csparker247 csparker247 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 15:29:08 CET 2014

Sorry, I didn't mean to top-post. I was replying with Gmail and it just
included the whole post by default.

>I couldn't find the parity option for w3fdif;-(

This could very well be what's causing the skipping issue.

>As said, this makes no sense.
>(There is no magic in idet that makes the command work.
>I suspect it is easy to implement the "magic" somehow
>but I doubt it would work well: "Undetermined" frames
>are not unusual.)

I understand this makes no sense, but including idet in the filters changes
the output and removes the skipping. I can't figure out why.