[FFmpeg-user] Mixed telecined non-telecined media to constant frame rate.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jan 21 18:27:32 CET 2014

Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> -02 usually helps.

As said:
Either it is useful (which is absolutely possible!), then
it should be made default, so that not only Gentoo users
but all users profit from it.
Or it hurts, then you should remove it.
(I am sure we don't use it because - as we believe - it
hurts, this may simply be wrong but if it is wrong please
somebody send a patch with numbers.)

> I can remove it if you think it is causing this behavior.

Of course not!
Users sometimes protest because of the output ffmpeg
produces by default, I wanted to both show that it
is not our fault (using many default options) and
that it actually helps (it allowed me to mention
options that hurt performance, options that make not
much sense and options that imply that something is
wrong - "yes, debug" and "no, debug unneeded" in the
same build).

Carl Eugen