[FFmpeg-user] Problem linking libvidstab on OSX

Andrew Sinclair ajsinclair at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 06:23:09 CET 2014

Hi,

I have pulled down the latest git of ffmpeg and vid.stab (as of Jan 29
2014) and compiled both OK on their own.

However when I try and compile ffmpeg after using --enable-libvidstab I am
getting the following linking error:
LD ffmpeg_g
  "_vsLocalmotions2TransformsSimple", referenced from:
      _config_input in libavfilter.a(vf_vidstabtransform.o)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ffmpeg_g] Error 1

I have confirmed that the /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/ has vidstab/pc in there
and also added PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/ just in case that
was an issue but am still having a problem getting this to compile.

Anyone have any ideas?

Best regards,
Andrew