[FFmpeg-user] audio and video sync problem

Murat Maman murat.maman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 11:32:35 CEST 2014

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply,

Why are you using -vsync 1?
First i thought my source of problem -vsync but i saw that that was not
solution.

Did you try -async 1?
Yes i also tried -async 1 but unfortunately this is also not solution.

Am I correct that the problem is reproducible with file output
instead of network output?

Yes we can re produce the problem for example when raining or if shake
satellite antenna then audio and video beginning out of sync. In that case
i am checking source by vlc but there is no problem, i could not see out of
sync problem between audio and video.

Sorry how can i do this ? You mean just save out put of the udp live stream
to disk? Or can you direct to me how can do this.
Is the problem reproducible if you save the udp stream to a file
(including the reception problems) and transcode the file with
FFmpeg?

(Complete, uncut console output missing.)

ffmpeg version git-2014-01-26-9651239
built on Jan 26 2014 18:29:39 with gcc 4.6 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5)
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libass
--enable-libfdk-aac
--enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx
--enable-mmx --enable-nonfree --enable-version3 --enable-libx264
libavutil      52. 63.100 / 52. 63.100
libavcodec     55. 49.100 / 55. 49.100
libavformat    55. 26.100 / 55. 26.100
libavdevice    55.  5.102 / 55.  5.102