[FFmpeg-user] Transcode videos

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jul 5 12:58:33 CEST 2014

Hi Felipe,

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 10:51:33 -0300, Felipe Lacerda wrote:

> My version of ffmpeg is 0.8.12

Please get hold of a newer version of ffmpeg. This is quite old and
unsupported, and some tips you get just won't apply to your version.

> > > I need transcode the many videos for they run in old iPhone (3, 3gs) and

Check the compatibility section in this FAQ:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.264#AdditionalInformationTips

Quote:
> If you want your videos to have highest compatibility with target
> devices (older iOS versions or all Android devices):
>
>   -profile:v baseline -level 3.0

So basically
ffmpeg -i inputvideofile -c:a copy -c:v libx264 -profile:v baseline -level 3.0 outputvideofile

Moritz