[FFmpeg-user] live link in a video?

Oliver Fromme oliver at fromme.com
Sun Jul 6 11:34:41 CEST 2014

Spencer Graves wrote:
 >        Is there a way to include a live link in a video, so a user could
 > stop the video, click on the link, and have it go there?  If yes, how?
 >
 >        For example, is there a way to include a live link in a png (or
 > similar image file) that can be preserved by ffmpeg?

No, the PNG standard does not support that.

However, URLs can be included in general-purpose TXT chunks
inside a PNG file, but I'm not aware of any software that
would interpret this as a "live link" that would be preserved
as such during conversion.

Another possibility, of course, would be to include a QR code
or DataMatrix code in the image contents itself, but I assume
that's not what you have in mind.

Best regards
   Oliver Fromme  (member of the PNG group)

--
``We are all but compressed light'' (Albert Einstein)