[FFmpeg-user] Abnormal video playback behaviour in Chrome

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Jul 7 17:24:13 CEST 2014

Hi Amila,

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 20:20:39 +0530, Amila Perera wrote:
> %ffmpeg.exe -i input.mov -vcodec libx264 -b:v 800k -s vga -pix_fmt yuv420p
> -r 30 -frag_duration 2 -f mp4 tcp://localhost:1234?listen
>
> I view the video as html5 video and google chrome plays it back but the
> playback speed of the video is very fast.
> The same video palys back at normal speed in IE11.

I think this may be an FAQ:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/StreamingGuide#The-reflag

I can't reproduce though, because:
- my ffmpeg refuses to stream mp4 (as it is non-seekable)
- I haven't set up HTML5 around the stream, and the browsers don't show
  a video, but the binary content instead.
But that's just my problem. ;-)

Moritz