[FFmpeg-user] compiling for android

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jul 10 15:24:27 CEST 2014

Nicolas George <george <at> nsup.org> writes:

> Le duodi 22 messidor, an CCXXII, Carl Eugen Hoyos a écrit :
> > I believe the toolchain is broken if it produces a
> > sincos symbol although you compiled with -fno-builtin.
> >
> > (-fno-builtin-sincos has NO effect.)
>
> I agree, but the examples you showed seem to indicate
> correct behaviour:

Yes, the problem was apparently that Patrick did not show
us the make failure for "extra-cflags=-fno-builtin-sin"
(which should really not fail for libavfilter/avf_showcqt.c)
but another configure line without no-builtin flags.
The problem was the sinf() call in aacps_tablegen.h (not
the sin() call in libavfilter/avf_showcqt.c which was the
first error in the provided make output).

> And -fno-builtin-sincos has no effect since there is no
> builtin sincos():

That is what I hadn't realized originally (esp. when I
thought that FFmpeg contains the calls to sincos()).

> OTOH, defining _GNU_SOURCE for Android programs is
> definitely totally WRONG.

Don't worry, Patrick never defined it;-)

Carl Eugen