[FFmpeg-user] Confusion with acodec pcm_s24le and pcm_s24be

Luigi Rensinghoff soundgigi at freenet.de
Fri Jul 11 21:06:56 CEST 2014

Hi all

   i am still working on my "batch-interleaver" and i have a very strange effect:

I am trying to "mux" 6 aif - mono files to one multichannel wav file.

ffprobe tells me all aif files are : Big-Endian

Audio: pcm_s24be, 48000 Hz, 1 channels, s32, 1152 kb/s

But the mapping filter interpretes the first stream as be and the others as le

Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 (pcm_s24be) -> amerge:in0
  Stream #1:0 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in1
  Stream #2:0 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in2
  Stream #3:0 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in3
  Stream #4:0 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in4
  Stream #5:0 (pcm_s24le) -> amerge:in5

The result is a corrupt file - Only Noise in it

The conversion happens in this line

ffmpeg   -i $L -i $R -i $C -i $LFE -i $Ls -i $Rs -filter_complex $mapping ${pre-C.aif}_6ch_24bit.wav < /dev/null

where for example $L is

L="$pre-(L).aif"$ac

with

ac=" -acodec pcm_s24le"