[FFmpeg-user] Reg: CPU Usage Issue

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Jul 18 11:34:07 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:31:36 +0200, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 14:56:22 +0530, subeesh.babu wrote:
> > Can any one suggest how to reduce the CPU usage .
>
> Did you even read my reply? (You quoted it.) Have you tried the
> suggestion? Did it help?

Furthermore, if you do wish/need to recode, and if your ffmpeg uses
libx264 as the default encoder (as you don't state an encoder
explicitly on your command line, you can use one of the presets to get
a better encoding framerate, at the cost of a higher bandwidth (roughly
speaking). E.g. "-preset veryfast".

Moritz