[FFmpeg-user] HLS for Apple TV?

david reid zathrasorama at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 18:25:50 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Luke Davis <l1 at newanswertech.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jul 2014, david reid wrote:
>
>  Mark, I'd like to, but am not presently enrolled in the iOS developer
>> program.
>> $99 seems a lot just to get their validator, but maybe the only way to
>> debug :-(
>>

> Can you send a copy of the generated .m3u8, maybe at the start, and again
> at the point where the feed dies?

I can make the entire output available, but will take a day or so as I'm
travelling now :-(

> How does this HLS behave with non-apple TV devices? (I.E. iPhones or iPods)

Just checking on an iPad now! Not sure why I hadn't thought of trying that
sooner.
OK, so on an iPad it's working well past the point where it dies on the
AppleTV.

Are you seeing any warnings or errors in the console output?

> There are a few minor warnings, but nothing that I haven't seen before.

> Have you tried using the other segmenter (-f segment)?

Yes. Same results.