[FFmpeg-user] Reading TimeCode Track using ffmpeg

tarun singhal tsinghal18 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 20:23:56 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am recently getting introduced to TimeCode, so pardon me if I am asking
kidding questions.
So my understanding of timecode is, a specific timecode represent each and
individual frame in a video

Q1) Do only I Frames have timecode or do each I/P/B frames have timecode?
Q2) Does ffmpeg has capability to read time code and process them

Suppose I am given two time codes 01:00:00.12 and 01:20:00.24. and I am
asked to cut the segment from source video whose starting time code is
01:00:00.12 and end time code is 01:20:00.24?

I have read ffmbc might be a good tool. any guidance?

Regards,
Tarun Singhal