[FFmpeg-user] Audio decoding and MXFcontainer problem with DNxHD MXF

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 13:48:23 CEST 2014

Hello,

It seems that Adobe Premiere is/was the cause of the problems.
I tested the export function for DNxHD-MXFOp1a from different Adobe
Premiere Pro CC Versions (7.0, 7.1.0, 7.2.1 and 7.2.2).
Since Version 7.2.2 I get MXFs where following 2 errors are gone.

2.) [mxf @ 0000000002a58080] OPAtom misinterpreted as OP1a?KLV for edit
unit 1 extending into next edit unit is not implemented

3.) [pcm_s24le @ 00000000003b8d20] Invalid PCM packet, data has size 4
but at least a size of 24 was expected

Testing procedure:
I created at every version following 6 sample files with
16bit Stereo (1 audio track)
24bit stereo (1 audio track)
16bit 4ch (1 audio track)
24bit 4ch (1 audio track)
16bit 8ch (1 audio track)
24bit 8ch (1 audio track)
and decoded them with ffmpeg.

In the Premiere versions 7.0 - 7.2.1 the MULTICHANNEL files with 4ch/8ch where problematic. The stereo files were always ok.
So I think Premiere Pro CC had an export bug for multichannel DNxHD mxfs.

bg
Christoph