[FFmpeg-user] libquvi missing

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jun 26 11:24:52 CEST 2014

Hi David,

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 21:28:55 -0700, David baker wrote:
> % rpm -ql libquvi-devel
> /usr/include/quvi-0.9
> /usr/include/quvi-0.9/quvi
> /usr/include/quvi-0.9/quvi.h
> /usr/include/quvi-0.9/quvi/qbool.h

Ah, nice, an RPM-based distibution. :-)

Does libquvi-devel contain libquvi.pc? Because that's what ffmpeg's
configure is looking for:
> pkg-config --exists --print-errors libquvi
> Package libquvi was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libquvi.pc'

My libquvi (0.4) does contain it:
% rpm -ql libquvi-devel
/usr/include/quvi
/usr/include/quvi/llst.h
/usr/include/quvi/net.h
/usr/include/quvi/quvi.h
/usr/lib/libquvi.so
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libquvi.pc
/usr/share/doc/libquvi-devel-0.4.1
/usr/share/doc/libquvi-devel-0.4.1/simple.c

And /usr/lib/pkgconfig is in the default pkg-config search path.

My test results would be:
% pkg-config --exists --print-errors libquvi
% echo $?
0

I see the next issue coming though:
ffmpeg uses this include in its source:
> #include <quvi/quvi.h>

I don't see that provided by libquvi-0.9 (at least not in Fedora). But
that would be a different error message. Perhaps ffmpeg's quvi support
isn't adapted to the 0.9 API yet anyway.
http://quvi.sourceforge.net/r/dev/0.9/misc/compat/
"The new C API of libquvi breaks all backward-compatibility with the
0.4 series".
But I have no idea though, and haven't found any (positive or negative)
indicators in the ffmpeg source or trac.

Moritz