[FFmpeg-user] Can Ffmpeg add a pause effect in videos?

Casey Bateman casey.bateman at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 14:31:44 CET 2014

Hey,

I am currently trying to add a pause effect to my videos. I am wondering if it is possible in ffmpeg through the use of filters to achieve this?

In theory what I would like it to do is repeat/loop a frame at any given timestamp or frame number for any specified duration. I know this is possible with multiple commands, one to extract the frame, one to loop it for -t X, and then one to trim and concat the videos back. However, that is very inefficient and I would like to bring it down to one.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone