[FFmpeg-user] flags +ildct+ilme produce corrupted file

Massimo Battistel battistel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:41:45 CET 2014

>> Is the original problem with ffmpeg also
>> reproducible without flags +ildct+ilme?
>>

> No, without +ildct+ilme encoding is fine with no errors.
>

>> Is the original problem with ffmpeg not
>> reproducible with -top 0 (or without top)?
>

> -top 1, -top 0 or without top gives always the same encoding issue with
> the same errors ("top block unavailable for requested intra mode at 0 0")
>

> thanks,
> MB

Any news?
Do you think this is a libx264 issue or ffmpeg issue?
Do you need further tests?

I have another interesting information: the issue happens only when
recorded video starts with a some solid colors.
With these yuv420 colors issue happens:
y=0,u=v=128 (black)
y=16,u=v=128 (very dark gray)
y=0,u=v=0  (green)

With this color there is no issue, no errors:
y=128,u=v=128 (grey)

thanks,
MB