[FFmpeg-user] Overlay not working in combo with audio params

Bouke (VideoToolShed) bouke at videotoolshed.com
Fri Mar 7 10:05:41 CET 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
To: <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] Overlay not working in combo with audio params

> Bouke (VideoToolShed <bouke <at> videotoolshed.com> writes:
>
>> ffmpeg.exe -i "G:\\ToEncode\\Vrede.mov" -i "g:\\test.png"
>> -filter_complex overlay -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset slow
>> -crf 18 -vcodec libx264 -crf 18 -map 1:0 -map 0:0
>> -acodec pcm_s16le -aspect 16:9 -report "G:\\test2.mp4"
>
> pcm_s16le is not supported within mp4, this is not a limitation
> of FFmpeg, but the mp4 specification.

Oops, this was one latest quick and dirty test, i was working with AAC, and
it failed the same way.
However, today i cannot reproduce the problems. Above line works fine with
QT output,
and the same line works fine with AAC now...
(It's not the only part of my systems that is behaving erratic lately.
Gremlins....)

Thanks,
Bouke