[FFmpeg-user] log file size limitation and motion detection algorithm

user100 at seznam.cz user100 at seznam.cz
Mon Mar 10 16:50:13 CET 2014

Hi,

I have 3 different questions.

1. Is there any possibility to set the size of the log file? I have a ffmpeg
command that

   captures webcam input and stderr is redirected to the file.

   Size of this file will increase endlessly and it is a problem. So far I
have used pipes

    to solve this problem, but I would like to know the answer to my
question.

2. How does the filter select-scene count the scenes changes?  I know it

    compares new and old frame, but how?

     ffmpeg -i input.avi  -f mpeg outpu.mpg  -vf "select='gt(scene\,0.4)'" -
f null

3. I have tried to use SRTP protocol to encrypted my stream using this
command:

   ffmpeg -re -i "output.mpg" -vcodec libx264 -f flv "srtp://192.168.0.100:
7777?

   srtp_out_suite=AES_CM_128_HMAC_SHA1_80&srtp_out_params=NmcxMmQ2
ZjVnYjEyNmRmMTV2czY1YWR2ZjFhc2Rm"

   Have I missed something? Because I can play the stream with this command:

        ffplay udp://192.168.0.100:7777

   without problems. I guess it wouldn´t be possible, because stream would
be encrypted.

Thank you in advance