[FFmpeg-user] opengl capture with ffmpeg for Linux

Olivier Langlois olivier at trillion01.com
Tue Mar 11 07:36:37 CET 2014

Hi,

because x11grab cannot work for that because of the direct rendering
nature of opengl.

I want to share to those who are looking for to capture opengl, that I
have released a software that does just that

I have released glcs, a spin of glc allowing to pipe its output directly
to ffmpeg generating much smaller output file. ie: My first 1080P
capture of 6 mins is smaller than 200 MB. This also open up a bunch of
new possibilities such as live gamecasting through RTMP.

https://github.com/lano1106/glcs

Here is my first 1080P real-time capture on Youtube:
http://youtu.be/EYYeIefOgq0