[FFmpeg-user] how to turn off loop?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Mar 13 03:04:20 CET 2014

On 3/12/2014 2:32 PM, James Darnley wrote:
> On 2014-03-12 22:22, Spencer Graves wrote:
>> Hello:
>>

>>        How can I stop an ffmpeg output file from looping?
> Turn off looping in your player.  As far as I know mp4 files don't have
> a place to set a looping option like a gif.

       How can I do that?

       Under Windows 7 Home Edition, selecting the output file "tst.mp4"
in Windows Explorer plays it once as a thumbnail on the right.  Double
clicking opens Windows Media player where it loops. I can click a stop
button to cause it to stop, but I don't find an option to have it play
only once.  And I don't recall encountering other files like this that
repeat indefinitely like this.

       Thanks,
       Spencer