[FFmpeg-user] Crisp, exact color match for lossless screen-cast

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 24 14:55:27 CET 2014

thangalin <thangalin <at> gmail.com> writes:

>     ffmpeg -r 30 -f x11grab -s $WIN_GEO -i :0.0+$WIN_XY -vcodec huffyuv
> -preset ultrafast -qp 0 output.mkv

(Actual command line without variables and) complete, uncut console
output missing that would allow us to know if what you write below
is possible...

> The problem is that the video colours differ from the desktop colours,
> resulting in a slightly blurry playback (the whites are off-white... washed
> out, slightly tarnished). I have read that this could be due to conversion
> between RGB and YUV colours.

This is unlikely for huffyuv (which supports RGB), the more likely
explanation is that your playback application does not support RGB,
try mplayer -vo gl

Carl Eugen