[FFmpeg-user] 'equalizer' audio filter

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 12:17:22 CEST 2014

> On Friday, May 9, 2014 12:47 AM, "darkmoon at verizon.net" <darkmoon at verizon.net> wrote:

> > On Thu, 08 May 2014 11:09:13 -0700 (PDT),
> Nicholas Robbins <nickrobbins at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I think you need to look at
>> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#equalizer again. Carefully,
>> twice.

>> and that is what the documentation says.
>
> No way do the docs provide all that

I was happy to send that post as I had some free time, however, I do want to really point out that I had had going into it was the knowledge that equalizers had several sliders and that human audio sensitivity had a range, and what bandwidth of a signal is. So I don't know where that explanation came from if not from the ffmpeg docs.

I really wasn't being sarcastic when I suggested reading and rereading section of the docs. I am a mathematician by profession which means that I read extremely dense material all the time. If you aren't used to it and you expect everything to be very clear, technical material like most FOSS doc's can be offputting, but usually the information is in there. However, usually every word matters, so read it like it is a riddle or a puzzle, where you make sure your understand why every single word was used. That is all I did. You could have done it too. It is work, but it is doable.

> Nevertheless, your post was very
> helpful in pointing me in the right direction for further research, and
> for that I thank you. For the archives, here is what I found:
> The results were much improved (the voices were clear and easy to
> understand), with no strange audio distortion. This works.
>
> Jeff

I'm glad you solved your problem. Enjoy ffmpeg.

Nick