[FFmpeg-user] Writing uncompressed video MOV

Elliott Balsley elliottbalsley at gmail.com
Sat May 10 07:03:46 CEST 2014

For that pixel format, YUV 4:2:2 10-bit, use v210 as the codec.
That does it, thanks.  And I see now that v410 is the RGB 4:4:4 version, although it won’t play in DaVinci Resolve.  Is there some way to make it “RGB 10b” instead of “v410” ?  I don’t know what the difference between these two is, but one plays in Resolve, and one doesn’t.

However, at least on Windows, Quicktime Player doesn't seem to like
movies encoded by ffmpeg this way. Not entirely sure why, everything
else seems to accept them just fine.

The v210 codec plays fine for me in QuickTime 7 under OS X.  It identifies the codec as “v210”.  Similar video encoded by DaVinci Resolve is identified by QuickTime as "YUV 422 10b”.