[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg is crashing with using x264 codec
tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu May 22 10:37:12 CEST 2014
On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM, James Darnley <james.darnley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2014-05-21 18:04, Tom Evans wrote:
>> x264 has been built requiring SSE3 and SSE4 support, your CPU does not
>> support SSE3 or SSE4, so x264 dies.
>> Rebuild x264 without SSE3/4 support and rebuild ffmpeg.
> No. No. No!
> x264 does not *require* anything newer than SSE when built with asm.
Yes! Yes! Yes!
You are arguing that white is black.
1) He has a compiled version of x264
2) His compiled version of x264 contains an assertion
3) The assertion asserts that his CPU supports SSE3 or SSE4.
4) His CPU does not support SSE3 or SSE4
5) He needs to recompile x264 such that it no longer asserts that his
CPU supports SSE3 or SSE4.
Your main argument is that in order to do 5), the correct configure
should be something like "--with-asm" and not "--disable-sse3". Well
done, 50 pedant points.
More information about the ffmpeg-user