[FFmpeg-user] Execute several ffmpeg processes concurrently

Miles Chan morndust at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 03:37:53 CET 2014

hi all,

    I'm using ffmpeg command line tool to convert video, (FYI, i'm not just
use it in shell, i use a module
<https://github.com/senko/python-video-converter> that execute a ffmpeg
command as a subprocess), and when i execute ffmpeg process one by one,
everything was all right, but, when i execute 5 and more processes
concurrently, things went bad.

    One of the error is  "Invalid data found when processing input",
another is ffmpeg process exit with code 1.

    This is my command.
    "usr/bin/ffmpeg -i 20130804_100547.mp4 -hls_base_url /test2/ts/
-hls_time 10 -hls_list_size 0 -vf transpose=1 -y small.m3u8"

     My test hardware is 24 cpu and 49436312k mem