[FFmpeg-user] Is latm decode with fdkaac possible?

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 21:08:44 CET 2014

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Andy Furniss <adf.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> ffmpeg -c:a libfdk_aac -i Bt5th.latm -f null -
>
>> [libfdk_aac  <at>  0x1d86b80] aacDecoder_DecodeFrame() failed:
>> 4002
>
> Sorry, I mixed something up: The fdk encoder supports latm encoding
> (which doesn't work with any other of the four aac encoders) while
> the fdk decoder cannot support latm: There should be parser / demuxer
> that changes latm into aac but when latm decoding was implemented in
> FFmpeg, it was decided to do it in the native aac decoder which is
> not was libfdk does / expects.
>
> Sorry, Carl Eugen

Ahh, Ok - thanks for the info.

Would be a handy feature.

FWIW wanting to use fdk is related to the etsi doc I posted in the other
thread.

I was going to try and add some debugging to see what, is any, ancillary
was broadcast in the UK (like heavy compression and mixdown). I know
from adding debugging to ffmpeg aacdec that drc is broadcast, but
couldn't find mix down meta.