[FFmpeg-user] Conversion from WMV to M2V - Lost Frame Problem

Andrew Arthur ikrananka at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 23:35:47 CET 2014

I have been inspecting the mpeg properties using the mpeg plug-in to
VirtualDub.  If I check the original wmv file it shows it as having 1037
frames and a length of 43.208.  If I convert the file using TMPGenc and
check it in VirtualDub it shows 1037 frames and a length of gives 43.208,
i.e. the same as the wmv file.  However, the output from ffmpeg shows in
VirtualDub as being 1036 frames and a length of 43.167 (the length is
1036/1037th of the original length).

So, it really does seem to be losing a frame in the conversion.

Andrew