[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg SRT FONT SIZE

Kimio Miyamura xanadu at apost.plala.or.jp
Wed Nov 26 10:12:02 CET 2014

2014/11/26 6:26, <manuel_songokuh-at-yahoo.it <at> ffmpeg.org> <manuel_songokuh-at-yahoo.it <at> ffmpeg.org>

> i need your help for ffmpeg: i want to add srt in video but i want chose the font dejevu.tiff and size so how i add parameter ffmpeg?
> "ffmpeg -i video.avi -vf subtitles=subtitle.srt out.avi"

I don't think ffmpeg have parameter for srt or ass styling.  (If my thought is incorrect, please let me know, experts)

In my thought, srt does not have style information.  If you want to use srt with styling, you have to provide a srt.style file.  But I don't know ffmpeg can handle srt.style file with srt file.

Another thought, ass subtitle can handle styling information in it's file.  You can convert srt subtitle into ass subtitle with the following command.

$ ffmpeg -i subtitle.srt subtitle.ass

After conversion, you can add any styling information into ass file using your favorite text editor.
see this URL for your reference:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21363334/how-to-add-font-size-in-subtitles-in-ffmpeg-video-filter

// Miya