[FFmpeg-user] Modern ffmpeg/libvpx generates incorrect PTS for vp9 when decode

Sagara Wijetunga sagarawmw at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 19:35:12 CEST 2014

Hi Carl, thanks for the reply.

1. I use libvpx to encode, and ffvp9 to decode.

--enable-libvpx --disable-decoder=libvpx_vp8 --disable-decoder=libvpx_vp9

2. Today I built the latest ffmpeg (2.4.1) with the old libvpx (1.3.0). It still generates vp9 files with incorrect PTS values at decode.

3. My preset file for encoding:
cat ~/.ffmpeg/libvpx-vp9-good.ffpreset
vcodec=libvpx-vp9

g=120
lag-in-frames=16
deadline=good
cpu-used=0
vprofile=0
qmax=48
qmin=0
slices=4
b=2M

#ignored unless using -pass 2
maxrate=24M
minrate=100k
auto-alt-ref=1
arnr-maxframes=7
arnr-strength=5
arnr-type=centered

Regards
Sagara

On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 5:04 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
Sagara Wijetunga <sagarawmw-at-yahoo.com <at> ffmpeg.org> writes:

> I noted modern ffmpeg/libvpx generates incorrect
> PTS for vp9 when decode.

What about FFmpeg without any external libraries?

Carl Eugen