[FFmpeg-user] Save segmented and fragmented h264 to disk

Mark Umansky umansky at torcrobotics.com
Wed Oct 8 16:21:07 CEST 2014

Killing it nicely is not an option. I was under the impression that creating a fragmented mp4 would change the location of the moov atom so the file is still playable, which I verified to be true in my original post with the command:

ffmpeg -f dshow -i video="UScreenCapture" -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -q 5 -preset ultrafast -movflags frag_keyframe  C:\Users\user\Desktop\video.mp4 -y

Files created with that command can be killed not-nicely and are still playable. What I am after is creating this same fragmented file but with segmented file creation enabled so I don't get one huge video file if it runs for hours.

Thanks,
Mark