[FFmpeg-user] [FFmpeg-devel] Any ffmpeg plugin for image stabilization that handles walking tilt?

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 18:21:22 CEST 2014

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:07:16 -0300
Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> In short: I´d like to know if there´s any FOSS filters -both for
> FFMPEG and third party ones for ie Virtualdub or Avidemux, that
> represents the state-of-the-art in image stabilization
> post-processing wrt to walking recordings...

avisynth and vdub both have open source deshake/vstab filters and
plugins.

google diy steadicam
many you can make for $15-$30
http://14dollarstabilizer.org/

the human walk image stabilizing filter you want would probably take 1-2
years to develop from scratch.

>MJPEG at 720x480

seriously? is this 2003?
image stabilizing software will work better on higher resolution video
and better codecs. lossless is best, but h264 will work better than
mjpeg too.

and you'd want higher fps to get more image data. otherwise it will be
all blur.

ok now that i'm done insulting your pathetic camera, how about sharing
with us a sample video (uncompressed original mjpeg file) of your
walking so we can see and/or fix our deshake algorithms?

-compn