[FFmpeg-user] Automatic encoding of .ts files gives an inexplicable delay after muxing

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Oct 24 12:52:25 CEST 2014

marsupilami <streamin <at> elitemail.org> writes:

> The main reason why I didn't try this sooner was
> because I was worried ffmpeg wouldn't include
> the latest version of x264

It is entirely up to you which version of x264 you
use when you compile FFmpeg (remember that the
project FFmpeg only ships source code and only
supports the source code).

> or it would maybe be too slow.

Video encoding is exactly as fast as x264 allows
(with your compilation options and your runtime
options), overall speed is of course faster if
you don't use separate encodings.

Carl Eugen