[FFmpeg-user] Introduction and problem with decoding DCP (jpeg2000 wrapped in MXF)

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Sun Oct 26 04:10:34 CET 2014

Hi Carles,

> On Oct 24, 2014, at 7:25 AM, Carles Vila <cvilad at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi!
> Mitch, Thanks for taking the time and do the test. This confirms the
> problem is on my side.
> And Carl Eugen, thanks for knowing what I'm talking about!
> I installed ffmpeg one week ago on my mac via homebrew, using this command:
>
> brew install ffmpeg --with-fdk-aac --with-ffplay --with-freetype
> --with-frei0r --with-libass --with-libvo-aacenc --with-libvorbis
> --with-libvpx --with-opencore-amr --with-openjpeg --with-opus
> --with-rtmpdump --with-schroedinger --with-speex --with-theora --with-tools
>
> So, in theory nothing would be disabled. Should I compile ffmpeg in some
> other way?

When homebrew builds ffmpeg with openjpeg it disables jpeg2000 (see this commit: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/commit/66a7aa83fdba702a7981744a3db564fc3b953297). This was done because as the commit note says the jpeg2000 encoder/decoder "mostly doesn't work".

To build an ffmpeg as Carl suggests, run `brew edit ffmpeg`, and delete this line `args << "--disable-decoder=jpeg2000"`.
Dave Rice