[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg - error

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Oct 28 11:49:23 CET 2014

On Monday 27 October 2014 04:02:24 pm Chaganti, Ravi (RE-CON) wrote:
> OS is Oracle Solaris 10.

Please install a compiler on your system or pass the compiler path
with "--cc=".

> root at xxxx # ./configure

> --extra-cflags="-fpicfPIC"

Remove this.

> --extra-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib"

Are they really needed?
I don't think so, please remove them if they are not
necessary.

> --disable-mmx

This is always bad, please remove it.
(Or explain why you think it is needed / open a bug report.)

> --disable-protocol=udp --disable-encoder=nellymoser

I am very curious: Could you explain why you added these
options?

> --disable-debug

This is normally not a good idea.

> --arch=sparc --target-os=sunossunos --enable-cross-compile

Remove all of them if you want to compile on your Oracle
system for an Orcale system.

> material.

Please understand that this makes no sense when sending an email
to a public mailing list and lets your company look stupid.

Carl Eugen