[FFmpeg-user] Mathematically lossless MotionJPEG2000 encoding possible?

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 11:56:24 CET 2014

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 11:12:33 +0100, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>>> Additionally, I spoek last week with a very professional video guy, and
>>                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> jpeg2000 -> and checks this just VISUALLY. (o.O)
>>                                     ^^^^^^^^
>> There is some contradiction in your writing...
> I believe "professional(ly)" originally means that he is doing it as a
> profession, i.e. to earn his livelihood. It doesn't have to mean he
> does it well. ;-)
>
> As in "amateur sports" vs. "professional sports".

Thats why I made this smilie:

(o.O)

I meaned that in the international video world, this "professional"
video guy is a very important person (eminently respectable in some
video issues).
I was wondering myself how he could get this status, when he is just
checking visually his content.
I can never trust my eyes, but I can always trust a framemd5 (numbers
dont lie).
He didnt know that the possibility to check via framemd5s even exists...

Anyhow, how can a set the LOSSY encoding in libopenjpeg? via "-b:v" or "-q"?
I want to know all encoding/decoding paramaters of the libopenjpeg codec
or also j2k (if this is still implemented codec, even if it is
experimentally)