[FFmpeg-user] Images and Lengths of Time to Generate Video

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Oct 28 15:40:54 CET 2014

Le septidi 7 brumaire, an CCXXIII, Ryan Vincent a écrit :
> I am currently working on a project where I would like to take a series of
> images and create a video, however, I would like the images to be displayed
> for a certain, but different amount of time.

You can do that with the concat demuxer:

file a.jpg
duration 5
file b.jpg
duration 3

Note that the last frame's duration may not be preserved by the rest of the
chain, especially if you use -vf fps=X:round=down to achieve a common frame
rate. You can work around that using a final last frame:

file b.jpg
duration 2.96
file b.jpg
duration 0.04