[FFmpeg-user] Automatic encoding of .ts files gives an inexplicable delay after muxing

marsupilami streamin at elitemail.org
Fri Oct 31 09:29:56 CET 2014

Yes, I tried ffprobe as well, it doesn't show the tag. No program I tried so
far shows it (tried mkvinfo, Media Player Classic, ffprobe, ffmpeg -i,
mkvextract, mkvpropedit) except for mediainfo. I found a workaround though:
parse the mediainfo output, generate a tags.xml file with a script and add
it to the cut mkv file with mkvmerge --tracks 0:tags.xml. I feel dirty doing
this, but I didn't find any other way. It's probably not the best option.
When I find the time to do so, I'll dig around in the matroska
specifications and/or the x264 source code to see how they accomplish this.