[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg -h full omits some of the decoders

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Sep 4 09:04:33 CEST 2014

Steve Kenton <skenton <at> ou.edu> writes:

> >rawvideo is listed as "rawdec".
>
> Thanks I see that now, but other than rawdec.c being the
> source file name where does the name rawdec come from?

There is a bug that makes using "rawvideo" impossible
(because it is already used for the demuxer), I am not
sure how difficult this is to fix.

> >pcm_s16le has no options, it is not / cannot
> >be listed in the full help output that lists
> >all options.
>
> I had this image of -h full being a concatenation
> of the information in -formats, -codecs etc. and

Why?
I mean there is -formats and -codecs to list those
and there is -h full to list all options.

> was looking to see if I had missed any options.
> Cannot seems a bit strong, I personally think a
> <none> for no options would make a nice reference

Imo, this would make the already very long output
even longer.

Carl Eugen