[FFmpeg-user] Change frame rate without dropping/adding frames

Robin Thiessen robin at fernsehecke.de
Sun Sep 7 21:16:05 CEST 2014

    "It varies, but most commonly 4:2:0 H.264 footage from Canon DSLR
cameras.

Which editing tool are you using and which OS?
  The editors usually use Avid MC, but it varies.  I use ffmpeg for
a variety of little conversions depending on the situation."

Why not transcode to DNxHD (ffmpeg is able to create consolidatable
.mov files) and just let the editor take that fact. 4:2:0 H264 from
dslrs is super slow in Avid in my experience.