[FFmpeg-user] Change frame rate without dropping/adding frames

tim nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 12:20:49 CEST 2014

On 08/09/14 09:19, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> Use the input option -r.
>>
>> which is ignored if using stream copy...
>
> Use avi as intermediate container.
> (The OP originally didn't say what exactly he
> needs, input option -r does change the frame
> rate without dropping or adding frames.)

So if he is happy with the 2 stage process (or piping avi format out
into a second ffmpeg instance stream copying back to mov) then it looks
like he has a workflow.

h264 in avi is not going to be understood by much other than ffmpeg...

--
Tim.
Key Fingerprint 38CF DB09 3ED0 F607 8B67 6CED 0C0B FC44 8B0B FC83