[FFmpeg-user] Change frame rate without dropping/adding frames

tim nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 10:43:36 CEST 2014

On 10/09/14 07:59, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Dave Rice <dave <at> dericed.com> writes:
>
>>> h264 in avi is not going to be understood
>>> by much other than ffmpeg...
>
> Since this was quoted a few times, I'd like to
> repeat that H264 in avi works fine with WMP.
> (Contrary to any other output container that
> would also work fine with the input option -r).

My original comment related more to media processors than media players,
if all you want to do is play then fine.

If someone wants to change the frame rate its usually because they want
it at that different frame rate in order to do something further with it
(as was the case for the original query). In those circumstances I do
not think the original comment was inaccurate, but I apologise for not
being precise enough.

(and you could argue that only one other app falls within the "not much"
category)

--
Tim.
Key Fingerprint 38CF DB09 3ED0 F607 8B67 6CED 0C0B FC44 8B0B FC83