[FFmpeg-user] configure error with enabling libmodplug

Kimio Miyamura bluelilac62 at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Sep 11 05:23:35 CEST 2014

> 2014/09/01 4:05PM Clément Bœsch <u at pkh.me> wrote:

>>> Does -lstdc++ or -lc++ appears in pkg-config --libs libmodplug?
>>
>> $ pkg-config --libs libmodplug
>> -L/Volumes/ffmpeg_compile/lib -lmodplug
>>
>> So either -lstdc++ or -lc++ don't appear in the command output.
>>
>> I checked libmodplug.pc.
>>
>> $ cat /Volumes/ffmpeg_compile/lib/pkgconfig/libmodplug.pc
>> prefix=/Volumes/ffmpeg_compile
>> exec_prefix=${prefix}
>> libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
>> includedir=${prefix}/include
>>
>> Name: libmodplug
>> Version: 0.8.8.5
>> Requires:
>> Libs: -L${libdir} -lmodplug
>> Libs.private: -lstdc++ -lm
>> Cflags: -I${includedir}
>>
>> -lstdc++ appears in Libs.private: line.  But even though configure with "./configure --pkg-config-flags=--static --enable-libmodplug", the result is same error.
>>

> Right, that's because libmodplug wasn't detected through pkg-config, which
> I just fixed in git/master. Can you git pull and retry that latest command
> with --pkg-config-flags=--static?

A information for Windows (MinGW?) user.

With above ffmpeg change, Windows (MinGW?) user encounters libmodplug not found error when configuring ffmpeg with libmodplug-0.8.8.5.
This is because of mod plug.h's 		MODPLUG_EXPORT macro.  The macro is defined as __declspec(dllimport) would be added, without defining MODPLUG_STATIC.
Then, called as `_imp__ModPlug_Load' from ffmpeg configure, and then result in libmodplug not found error.  (I'm not Windows user.  I'm writing the error mechanism based on one of my friend's comment who using Windows)

The countermeasure is either of bellow 3.
1.Define MODPLUG_STATIC in modplug.h.
2.Add "-DMODPLUG_STATIC" to Cflags: -I${includedir} line in libmodplug.pc.
3.Configure ffmpeg with adding "--extra-cflags=-DMODPLUG_STATIC" option.

My friend told me that ffmpeg's require_pkg_config change in libmodplug is fair.  There are some libraries which have to add STATIC definition to build ffmpeg correctly.

So please use either of 3 countermeasure to build ffmpeg with libmodplug support in Windows.

// Miya